I’ve received a few inquiries about pairing the Brookstone Bluetooth keyboard with the iPad, so I thought I would post the instructions.
To pair the keyboard:
- Turn on the iPad and the keyboard
- Press the Bluetooth Connect button on the keyboard (the light will flash)
- On the iPad, tap the Settings icon
- On the LEFT side, find the Bluetooth setting and tap it with your finger
- Under DEVICES, select the Bluetooth keyboard case
- After a second or two, the iPad should display a box with a code. It will ask that you type code on the keyboard (just press the keys that correspond to each character in the code, NOTHING will display as you type.)
- Press the ENTER key on the keyboard once you have typed the code in
- After a second or two, the iPad will tell you that the keyboard has been paired.
From this point on, you should not have to pair them again, however, I found that if I let the keyboard battery die, once it is charged, you will have to pair them again. The keyboard is charged via a standard USB cable. Any USB wall charger will work or you can charge it via a powered USB port on the computer.
NOTE: if you do not use the keyboard for 15 minutes, it will shut off. Just tap a key to turn it back on.
There are numerous Bluetooth keyboards that will work just like the Brookstone. These instructions should work with most of them.